Film, Books, Art, Politics, Culture & Shaz!


There's more at
www.shazbennett.com
Or follow me on Twitter or Tumblr.

Monday, February 1, 2010

I love this line!

Just happened upon this line from "High Fidelity" as I'm listening to the Brian Eno. It reminded me of an awesome story I heard a couple of weeks ago at Sit N Spin by Matt Price about a sad off he had with a friend.

I gotta watch High Fidelity again - just added it to the Netflix queue - it's #496 I wonder when it will arrive.

"What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?"

-- Rob Gordon (John Cusack), "High Fidelity", based on a book by Nick Hornby

No comments: