Film, Books, Art, Politics, Culture & Shaz!


There's more at
www.shazbennett.com
Or follow me on Twitter or Tumblr.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Film Festivals develop talent!

So, Lane and I were just talking about how everyone loves to talk about all the films at Sundance that don't make any money... which may be true, but one awesome part of film festivals is that you see films from emerging artists and films that may never get distributed. So, I'm glad to see that some folks are writing about the Frontier filmmakers and I love that Geoff reminds everyone that sometimes it's about supporting new filmmakers, who become established filmmakers so they keep on making good films...

I wish people could get over the 11 million dollar sale and go see some of the other films too!

If you haven't been to the New Frontiers on Main. Go! It's awesome, Shari and Cooper rock that place.

I love festivals.

No comments: