Film, Books, Art, Politics, Culture & Shaz!


There's more at
www.shazbennett.com
Or follow me on Twitter or Tumblr.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Run DMC inducted into the Hall of Fame!


Very moving speech from Eminem for the induction - love the line, "if you grew up on hip hop like I did, they are the Beatles" Two turntable and a microphone.
Run-DMC was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Friday night. Joseph Simmons (Run) and Darryl McDaniels (DMC) had pledged never again to perform under the Run-DMC moniker out of respect for their late DJ, Jam Master Jay, who was murdered in 2002. Run-DMC kept its vow on Friday night. "They tell me I could get Grandmaster Flash [to fill in]," McDaniels told MTV. "But I can get any DJ in the world if I want. It wouldn't be right. I can't replace my drummer."

No comments: