Film, Books, Art, Politics, Culture & Shaz!


There's more at
www.shazbennett.com
Or follow me on Twitter or Tumblr.

Friday, February 1, 2008

AFI FEST films in theatres now!

Go see these AFI FEST films!

CARAMEL and 4 MONTHS, 3 WEEKS, 2 DAYS are wonderful films, they both feature women as the main characters, women's stories have been dismissed as of late as "chick flicks"
I couldn't really hate this, I don't see why a film about a woman is less interesting to men than a film about a man would be less interesting to me. If it's a good film that's all that matters to me and these are two of the best. One made and starring a woman (CARAMEL) who has such a unique voice and the other directed by a young man who has an amazing ability to capture women in all their complexity and beauty and sadness and the whole thing. I heard Curtis Hanson talk about his film IN HER SHOES and how people called it a "chick flick", his response was, would you call ALL ABOUT EVE a chick flick?

In this historic year when we have a woman running for president of the United States, even though I'm voting for Barack Obama, I like Hilary I'm just really passionate about what electing Obama means to me and our healing the wounds of George Bush would do! I was listening to NPR and there was a guy on their complaining that now that Jon Edwards dropped out of the race there just wasn't anyone for the white male to vote for... I've been voting for years for white men for president... it's about the person and their character and the issues they represent - get over it.

Okay, enough of my rant, these two films that played at AFI FEST in 2007 are wonderful and go see them!


CARAMEL and 4 MONTHS, 3 WEEKS, 2 DAYS in theatres now!
Go see these two AFI FEST 2007 festival favorites.
More information on screening times and locations for CARAMEL at:

http://www.roadsideattractions.com/Catalog/FilmLibrary.asp?BusinessUnitID=%7B3134273E-EA18-4451-AC2B-40C0CC73ED2D%7D&ProjectID=


More information on screening times and locations for 4 MONTHS, 3 WEEKS AND 2 DAYS at:

http://www.ifcfilms.com/

No comments: