Film, Books, Art, Politics, Culture & Shaz!


There's more at
www.shazbennett.com
Or follow me on Twitter or Tumblr.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Nothing false about Hope!

When was the last time a politician really inspired you?

I like Hilary don't get me wrong, and having a woman president is long overdue but when I hear Barack speak, he reminds me of the kind of politician I grew up watching before sound bites and all the bullshit - we screened that film BOBBY a couple of years ago at AFI FEST and while the film itself isn't perfect - the last 10 minutes of the film, of Bobby Kennedy's speech, are so powerful - truly awesome.

I want to be inspired by the leaders of the United States and I've been sick waiting these last 8 years for someone to do that.

Listen to this episode of THIS AMERICAN LIFE - I love it.

and...

Here's a song I like but search you tube for the actual speech too - it's amazing.

No comments: