Film, Books, Art, Politics, Culture & Shaz!


There's more at
www.shazbennett.com
Or follow me on Twitter or Tumblr.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Mr. Rogers Day March 20


When I was in college, I used to wait tables at the Red Lion in Salt Lake City. One night at the end of my shift, I got a new table - I was just about ready to leave so I pawned the guy off on my friend.

The next day my friend told me that the guy who would have been my last table was Fred Rogers - yes that Fred Rogers and that he was so nice and when she brought the check he asked her how much a quarter of school was at the University of Utah and for the tip - he left her a check written out to the University for that amount!

I love Mr. Rogers, I should have stayed and waited on him.

But you can still honor him on March 20.
Stay warm.

No comments: